Saturday, May 22, 2010

Another Hummus Post...

Trade Joe's Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus has stolen my heart! (Don't be afraid, its not spicy) I'm sure you know about their honey wheat pretzels but put them together and its my new FAVORITE COMBO! I have to say Hummus is the new Mayo! Use a spicy hummus instead of a spicy cheddar jack cheese and mayo on your sandwich and you get a better flavor and similar texture! Thanks to my new VITA MIX blender (That my mom informed me was my Grandmother Browns favorite appliance) I am hoping to make some delicious homemade hummus combos! But until I figure it out, the Trader Joe's hummus will have to do!

2 comments:

Forsythe said...

That does look yummy and totally my kind of snack! Do you love your new blender. We need to get a nice one because we make protein/fruit shakes every morning and sometimes again in the middle of the day and we just have a regular boring old blender. I know the end of its life is coming soon. Thanks for sharing and we are definitely going to put trader Joe's on our visit list when we come to Cali this time!

Ahna Childress said...

MY FAV!!!! I havent tried that flavor of hunnus, but I am totally getting it next time I am there. Honey Wheat pretzels are all I eat my hummus with :) Now if I could only be as good as you & sub out my mayo...ha!