Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tavarua Fiji~Part 2

Keeping Riley out of the water (pool and ocean) was surprisingly difficult. HOORAY he finally loves the water which makes Paul MORE than happy. When he woke up in the morning he would say "I need my surf shorts, I need my surf shirt" and before we could make it to breakfast he was in the pool! This continued all day up until dinner time. Perhaps it was the pool side Shirley temples and cute Gracie that kept him going back for more :) This year I was able to to a few more activities (Including the stand up paddle board) because Riley was more comfortable staying on the Island with his Fijian babysitter Mele. One day while he was napping I was able to get on the boat to Cloudbreak with Paul to watch him surf. 3 hours on a boat was so peaceful and relaxing, and the water was so beautiful! I wasn't close enough to get really clear shots of Paul surfing but surf photographer Tom Servais was on our trip and took some of Paul. I will post them when we get copies. Riley giving Shaka's to the guys on the boat heading to Cloudbreak. SOOOO cute, I was so happy I got to Capture this moment. Paul catching the 1st boat of the day at 6am (although he was usually a 9:30 am boat guy)

No comments: