Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tie Dyed Easter Eggs

This is such a fun way to dye eggs with no mess from dye! It makes incredible eggs!!!
1. Cut silk from a tie or old blouse (I found some good ones at the thrift store) into squares large enough to wrap around an egg (it must be 100% silk)

2. Wrap the raw egg with the silk making sure the prited side of the material is facing the egg and secure with a twisty tie
3.Wrap the silk-wrapped egg in a piece of muslin or an old pillow case (this will prevent the dye from transfering to other eggs) and again use a twisty tie to secure it again.


4. Place the eggs in a pot of boiling water with 4-5 TBSP of vinegar and boil for 20-30 min
5. Remove the eggs and let them cool, unwrap them and this is what you get!!!! You can also rub with a little vegatable oil to make them shinny

5 comments:

Forsythe said...

I am so impressed! Those are awesome, you crafty person you! Great idea, I will have to use it.

Ahna Childress said...

This is so awesome! I love it! I am totally going to save this for next year :)

Kadyn Smith said...

I had so much fun doing this even if we both dont want to clean it up. Love ya

Melissa White said...

Pictures dont do the eggs we made justice! They are little pieces of Art!!!

The Shetlers said...

Missy that is so awesome! If I'm not pregnant by next Easter, I'll just have to make these for Chad!